Job Title: Part-Time Navigator
Undivided is beginning to search for our next round of part-time Navigators to support parents raising children with disabilities. This part-time role will begin within the next few months, and presents an exciting opportunity to directly impact families raising children with disabilities.
Navigators partner with parents to map out where they may be able to increase the supports available to them, including insurance, public benefits, and the school system. Our goal is to take away the “don’t know what you don’t know” aspect of parenting and empower our families raising kids with disabilities with information, resources, and support to maximize their child’s potential.
This position provides an opportunity to share your experience and support families while working remotely from your home with flexible work hours.
- Develop trust and rapport with clients
- Work with parents to identify supports that are available to them
- Work with parents to determine their priorities and goals, both short term and long term
- Work with parents to develop a personalized action plan for their family
- Support families by providing resources and guides as needed
- Facilitate monthly 45-minute Boost calls with your clients
- Communicate regularly with your clients within our app
- Attend meetings as requested by clients such as IEPs, IPPs, and Self-Determination meetings
- Support parents in the use of their account Binder to keep track of their child’s providers, therapies, assessments, evaluations, IEPs, and more
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including capturing notes after client calls
- Promote and amplify Undivided’s voice, mission, and culture of inclusivity
Required education and experience:
- At least three years of personal experience or two years of professional experience navigating systems including special education, Regional Center, Medi-Cal, IHSS, and/or CCS; parent or volunteer experience welcome.
- A minimum of one year of experience providing services to families of children with disabilities or directly to children with disabilities. Can include volunteer experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s-level training in social work, education, special education, human resources, counseling, nursing, or a family support–related field is a plus.
Required skills and abilities:
- Critical thinking skills
- Resourcefulness and flexibility
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Practical understanding of at least one key California system that Undivided clients use such as special education, Regional Center, Medi-Cal, and/or health insurance
- Ability to show warmth and appreciation of human growth at all levels and understand the process of gaining trust and credibility with individuals and families
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Ability to be professional, punctual, flexible, and reliable
- Action-oriented attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to understand, uphold, and continue working toward accomplishing the mission, strategic goals, and performance measures of the organization
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Computer-literate with basic knowledge of Google Suite, data tracking programs, Notion, Slack, Vimeo, Zoom, etc.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Pay Type: Contractor
Employment Indicator: 20–40 hours per week as needed
Hiring Rate: Depends on experience
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Location: Headquarters is in Los Angeles area; Navigators work remotely