Job Title: Care Navigator
Undivided is seeking a part-time Care Navigator for an exciting new company that offers the opportunity to directly impact families raising children with disabilities.
Undivided provides care planning services, including system navigation, to parents of children with disabilities throughout California, with plans to expand across the country.
Under the guidance of the Director of Navigator Services, the Care Navigator will work in collaboration with other Undivided staff to support parents in accessing resources and services through diverse and qualified networks of disability service providers, and to connect families within our unique, private online community. Primary functions of the Care Navigator are to assess family needs, provide assistance and encouragement in addressing these needs, and offer guidance and best practices to empower parents.
This position provides an opportunity to share the benefit of your experience and support other families like yours caring for children with disabilities, while working remotely from your home with flexible work hours.
- Work with parents to help identify their care priorities as well as goals for the child and family
- Assess the child and family’s non-clinical needs to identify potential barriers to services and create step-by-step guides to support parents
- Provide support to families as they work through their goals or as challenges arise; this includes education, coordination, and consultation, as well as administrative duties
- Help identify appropriate, credible resources and support that is tailored to the needs and desires of the child and family
- Facilitate shared decision-making and collaboration for the child’s care team across education, health, and other services
- Serve as a resource for education and support for families, and attend events as requested (such as, but not limited to, IEP, IPP, and Self-Determination meetings)
- Collaborate with parents in the assessment and ongoing reassessment of the child’s needs and goals
- Support parents in the use of our Digital Binder to monitor and keep track of the child’s assessments, evaluations, IEPs, goals, and more
- Identify systemic barriers within the community and work collaboratively to find viable solutions
- Promote and amplify Undivided’s voice, mission, and culture of inclusivity
Required education and experience:
- At least three years of personal or two years of professional experience navigating systems including special education, Regional Center, Medi-Cal, IHSS, and/or CCS; parent or volunteer experience welcome.
- A minimum of one year of experience providing services to families of children with disabilities or directly to children with disabilities. Can include volunteer experience.
Bachelor’s or Master’s - level training in social work, education, special education, human resources, counseling, nursing, or a family support–related field is a plus.
Required skills and abilities:
- Excellent practical understanding of at least two key systems, such as special education, Regional Center, Medi-Cal, and/or health insurance
- Ability to show warmth and appreciation of human growth at all levels and understand the process of gaining trust and credibility with individuals and families
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Professional, punctual, flexible, and reliable
- Action-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to understand, uphold, and continue working toward accomplishing the mission, strategic goals, and performance measures of the organization
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Computer-literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, data tracking programs, Salesforce, Slack, Google Suite, Vimeo, Zoom, etc.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Pay Type: Contractor
Employment Indicator: 20-40 hours per week as needed
Hiring Rate: Depends on experience
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Location: Head quarters is in Los Angeles area; Care Navigators work remotely